Cookie Statement EURAXESS Germany
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
A visit to the EURAXESS Germany website may generate the following types of cookie:
- Cookies to provide functionality
- SESS[Unique ID]: This cookie allows logging in and remembering which contact forms you have submitted. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user experience.
- Drupal.tableDrag.showWeight, has_js: Our Content Management System, Drupal sets these cookies to store user interface preferences.
Matomo (formerly Piwik) is the analytics service which measures the effectiveness and efficiency of the Euraxess Germany website. The software is configured in such a way that IP addresses are stored incompletely with 2 bytes concealed (e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx). This makes it impossible for the shortened IP address to be linked to the retrieving computer, meaning that you remain anonymous as the user. No persistent cookies are set by Matomo.
You may choose not to have your visit analyzed by Matomo (opt-out). If you change your mind, you can choose to have your visit analyzed again by Matomo at any time (opt-in).
To ascertain your current status and make your choice, check or uncheck the box below.
How to control cookies
Most browsers will allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies. Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.