OFFER DEADLINE15/02/2019 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMENot funded by an EU programme
ORGANISATION/COMPANYİSTANBUL ŞEHİR UNIVERSITY
İstanbul Şehir University (ŞEHİR) is one of the most prestigious and leading non-profit foundation universities in Turkey. With an innovative and interdisciplinary educational perspective developed in compliance with the latest improvements around the world, İstanbul Şehir University continues its academic studies with undergraduate, graduate and associate degree programs under the roof of 7 colleges, 3 graduate schools, and 1 vocational school.
Our university’s academic staff consists of 270 distinguished academicians in total, comprised of 47 adjunct professors and 223 full time professors all of whom determinedly strive to foster the academic world both at national and international level. ŞEHİR is currently home to 4992 students, 18 percent of whom are international students from various countries. In the three campuses and guesthouses located at the center of the city, ŞEHİR offers its students a lively campus life nested in the city where they can be part of a multicultural society in peace. Besides, the research centers and the Technology Transfer Office aim to provide the most comfortable and free environment for the students and academicians to carry out their studies.
TÜBİTAK 2232 “International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Programme”
The International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Program aims to support qualified researchers with leading scientific and/or technological achievements and international work experience to conduct their research in leading university*, industrial** or public institutions to contribute in areas that are strategic value to Turkey.
The program is designed to include the following aspects of financial support:
• Scholarship for Project Leaders
• Family allowance for the Project Leader
• Initial research grant,
• Research grant,
• Scholarship for establishing a research team (scholarship for up to 5 doctoral students the project coordinator will include in the research team for conducting his/her research in Turkey)
• Project incentive bonus for researchers,
• Overhead for the host institution,
• Health insurance for the project leader and his/her family,
• Travel allowance for the project leader and his/her family, The duration of the fellowship is to be between 24 to 36 months.
Conditions of Application
The Project application must be submitted by researchers who have/will come to Turkey from abroad to conduct their research.
As of the call deadline:
• The researcher must not have resided in Turkey for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the call deadline. Short-term visits and compulsory military service not exceeding fifteen days in total within one year are excluded from this period. In addition, according to the status of an early stage or experienced researcher, the researcher must have satisfied one of the following expectations or qualifications.
• Early Stage researchers: Researchers at the beginning of their careers who have obtained a doctoral degree within the last 4 years, hold a position of at least Assistant Professor and/or carried out his/her research postdoctoral research. At least 4 years of full-time research experience abroad after obtaining bachelor’s degree (a maximum of 2 years of master degree, a maximum 3 years of doctoral degree with thesis completed abroad will be taken under consideration in this context).
• Experienced Researchers: Researchers who have worked 4 years as at least an Assistant Professor abroad. At least 6 years full time research experience abroad obtaining bachelor’s degree (a maximum of 2 years of master degree, a maximum 3 years of doctoral degree with thesis completed abroad will be taken under consideration in this context).
To apply, please contact with Sezer KÖYLÜ TOKGÖZ (email@example.com) by e-mail with the subject “TÜBİTAK BİDEB 2232 CANDIDATE”.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.