ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Deusto
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciencesPolitical sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/06/2018 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Bilbao
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER123456
Are you a researcher interested in carrying out your research at the University of Deusto/Deusto Foundation?
Marie Skłodowska-Curie (MSCA) Individual Fellowships provide salary and research support to postdoctoral researchers. The scheme is designed to help the most talented and promising researchers further develop their careers and diversify their experience, through advanced training and international mobility.
MSCA Fellowships are open to European and non-European researchers. Please note that according to the Marie Skłodowska-Curie mobility rule, the applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in Spain:
- for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline (September 2018) for MSCA-IF-EF-ST Standard European Fellowships and MSCA-IF-GF Global Fellowships;
- for more than 12 months in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline for MSCA-IF-EF-CAR Career Restart panel, MSCA-IF-EF-RI Reintegration panel and MSCA-IF-EF-SE Society and Enterprise panel.
In line with the University’s strategy to promote excellence, the International Research Project Office (IRPO) opens a call for receiving Expressions of Interest for MSCA Individual Fellowships.
Our aim is to attract and support applications of the best candidates that decide to choose UDEUSTO/FDEUSTO as host institution. Applications should be sent to IRPO through the email email@example.com, with the subject MSCA-IF and the research topic (see documents below) before 04 June 2018. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in a training session on 18 June 2018 in Bilbao. Accommodation and training course expenses will be covered by the University. Travel expenses are at the responsibility of the participant.
The University of Deusto as Host Institution
The University of Deusto (UDEUSTO) is a dynamic institution committed to the promotion of research excellence, with the development of post-doctoral researchers at the core of its strategic plan. Founded in 1886, UDEUSTO is the oldest private university in Spain, a unique mix of tradition and innovation offering state of the art facilities nestled in campuses of historical and architectural interest (Bilbao, San Sebastian and Madrid).
UDEUSTO’s research embraces a 4 ‘I’s model: International, Interdisciplinary, Inter-sectoral and Social Impact oriented. Our strong research base of over 500 academics, 9 prestigious research centres, 19 Teams of Excellence, and 5 interdisciplinary platforms form a fertile research ecosystem where new ideas thrive, and offer the space and freedom to pursue new horizons, all supported by experienced professional services teams. UDEUSTO’s long trajectory leading and participating in EU funded project (FP6, FP7, Horizon 2020), has planted the institution firmly on the international research arena, attracting and retaining talent worldwide. With substantial external funding, which currently include an advanced ERC, a MSC COFUND Doctoral Project and a large number of international consortia projects, UDEUSTO’s research is leading the way. UDEUSTO sits on the top percentiles of national and international rankings and is a key innovator recognised in the newly launched EU Innovation Radar.
Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute
The Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute, an academic institution created in 1997, is attached to the University of Deusto. With its clear social and international vocation, its main pursuits centre on human rights culture from a university perspective.
The Institute aims to be a benchmark organisation in promoting human rights on the Spanish and international scene:
- willingness to network with organisations that pursue the same objectives in the international scope
- formed by a team that identifies with the values they promote
- equipped with a structure that strengthens its members' professional development
Its focus areas are:
- Humanitarian action and human rights-humanitarian crises and conflicts
- Migration, integration and social cohesion
- Cultural diversity and human rights, citizenship and multiculturalism
We look forward to a postgraduate fellow whose research interests matches all or some of the following interconnected areas to participate in European projects:
- human security and protection of forced migration
- durable solutions for forced migration in particular for IDPs
- social components of resilience
- links between humanitarian action and peacebuilding
- Humanitarian action, development and peacebuilding in urban context
The candidate will be joining a motivated team very active in international networks.
At the deadline for the submission of proposals to the MSCA-IF Call (12/09/2018), researchers:
- shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience;
- must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the above mentioned deadline.for MSCA-IF-EF-ST Standard European Fellowships and MSCA-IF-GF Global Fellowships; and for more than 12 months in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline for MSCA-IF-EF-CAR Career Restart panel, MSCA-IF-EF-RI Reintegration panel and MSCA-IF-EF-SE Society and Enterprise panel.
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- One page proposal (template)
- A complete and updated CV (maximum 2 pages, plus full list of publications)
- A motivation letter
Applications should be sent through the email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject MSCA-IF: Humanitarian Action and Peacebuilding before 04 June 2018.
The University of Deusto has identified several topics suitable for the integration of excellent candidates. However, should you think that your research idea could fit into any of our University Research teams or centres, please contact contact IRPO (email@example.com).
For more information, as well as the whole list of available positions, please visit:
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 308539
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.