ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire a Research Scientist at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).
SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research and innovations in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Horizon 2020 programme, the European Space Agency and the European Defense Agency. SnT has developed a broad and effective partnership program, currently made of more than 40 industrial and institutional partners located in Luxembourg and in Europe. For further information, please see : www.securityandtrust.lu
Research Scientist in Software Defined Radio Prototyping
- Ref: RCREQ0004141
- Unlimited contract (CDI), full-time (40 hrs/week)
- Number of positions: 1
The successful candidate is expected to assume a leading role in defining, acquiring, managing, and scientifically contributing to projects in the area of Software Defined Radio prototyping in diverse areas of communications and with an emphasis on SatComs. The candidate will carry a leading role in the SIGCOM CommLab and support PhD candidates in their thesis research. The candidate will carry a responsibility regarding the group’s project portfolio and ensure a continuity in the experimental research activities and rapid prototyping.
The candidate will work closely with Profs. Chatzinotas & Ottersten and the members of the SIGCOM group. English is the working language of this international research group. The group is engaged in a number of European projects and conducting research in close collaboration with the industry partners. For further information you may check: wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
- PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on physical layer wireless communications or wireless networking
- More than 3 years international postdoctoral relevant work and research experience
- Documented research expertise in communication system prototyping
- Proven track record in carrying a leading role in ESA research project acquisition and management
- Experience in managing and building up teams and delivering research results
- Experience in research collaboration with industrial partners
- Strong experience in supporting PhD candidates in their research
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
The ideal candidate should have experience in a number of the following topics:
- Multibeam Satellite Systems
- 5th Generation Communication Systems
- Advanced Interference Mitigation techniques: Precoding, Beamhopping, Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access
- Distributed Beamforming
- Transceiver Design and Synchronization
- Satellite On-board Processing
- Prototyping in Software Defined Radio platforms (LabView, Vivado, USRP etc.)
The university offers the selected candidate a permanent research scientist appointment. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research centre.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- Contact information for 3 referees
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2020.
For inquiries, please contact: Prof. Sym. Chatzinotas firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 528726
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.