OFFER DEADLINE02/02/2020 00:00 - Europe/London
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
ORGANISATION/COMPANYCONFIRM Centre for Smart Manufacturing
DEPARTMENTFaculty of Science and Engineering
CONFIRM Centre for Smart Manufacturing is pleased to announce the launch of
~ SMART 4.0 ~
Smart Manufacturing Advanced Research Training for Industry 4.0
a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action COFUND postdoctoral fellowship aiming to attract the very best researchers to live and work in the Republic of Ireland, irrespective of nationality or age. Just 16 prestigious Fellowships through 2 open calls in 2019 and 2020 will be awarded.
Call 1 - Now Open
Deadline for applications: 23h59 (IST), 31st December 2019
• 16 FELLOWSHIPS • 24 MONTH PROGRAM
• 6 ACADEMIC ORGANISATIONS • 100+ INDUSTRIAL PARTNERS
• SPRING/SUMMER SCHOOLS • INDUSTRIAL SECONDMENT
• TRANSFERABLE SKILLS TRAINING
SMART 4.0 will be implemented by Confirm, a dedicated Smart Manufacturing Research Centre based on Limerick, Ireland. CONFIRM brings together 8 Irish universities (University of Limerick (ul.ie), University College Cork (ucc.ie), Tyndall National Institute (tyndall.ie), Cork Institute of Technology (cit.ie), National University of Ireland Galway (nuigalway.ie), Athlone Institute of Technology (ait.ie), Maynooth University (maynoothuniversity.ie) & Limerick Institute of Technology (lit.ie)) and a large consortium of industry partners and international collaborators, constituting an excellent dedicated training environment for the fellows.
The primary goal of CONFIRM’s SMART 4.0 programme is to enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers wishing to diversify their individual competence through advanced training and in the development of a broad set of transversal skills. The training will focus on delivering the next generation Smart Manufacturing leaders with strong “systems-level thinking” interdisciplinary skills to help drive Industry 4.0 forward for Europe.
The fellowship offering includes:
- An attractive salary, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if applicable)
- Attendances at CONFIRM Centre and affiliates’ Spring and Summer schools
- A keynote speech at CONFIRM Centre’s annual conference
- A compulsory 3 month (minimum) industrial secondment
- Career development planning
- Transferable skills training
At the Call 1 deadline, prospective fellows must be an experienced researcher who is in possession of a doctoral degree or has at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
There are three application categories:
- (1) Standard incoming mobility
- Mobility requirement: applicants must not have resided in the Republic of Ireland for >12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline
- (2) Career restart; (3) Reintegration
- Mobility requirement: applicants must not have resided in the Republic of Ireland for >3 years in the 5 years immediately before the call deadline
A relaxed mobility requirement applies to applicants who fall under the career restart and reintegration categories, but will be subject to additional eligibility considerations.
We look forward to welcoming you to Ireland and to the CONFIRM Community of Practice!
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.