OFFER DEADLINE12/07/2019 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/COMPANYAsociación Centro de Investigación Cooperativa en Biociencias - CIC bioGUNE
The Nerve Disorders Laboratory at the CIC bioGUNE (Bilbao, Spain) is seeking to recruit outstanding passionate junior postdocs, who are willing to apply for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships (MCIF) 2019 call. This fellowship would provide highly talented postdocs with a unique opportunity to develop their scientific career at one of the top ‘Severo Ochoa’ Centres of Excellence in Spain
The applicant would join a dynamic group that takes a highly interdisciplinary approach to answer some of the key fundamental questions in nerve disorders, including demyelinating neuropathies and Schwann cell cancers with a particular focus on gene regulatory mechanisms. See relevant publications of the group:
- Gomez-Sanchez, J.A, …, A. Woodhoo* and K.R. Jessen*. 2015. Schwann cell autophagy, myelinophagy, clears myelin. Journal of Cell Biology 210: 153-168.
- Varela-Rey, …, A. Woodhoo*. 2014. S-adenosylmethionine levels regulate the schwann cell DNA methylome. Neuron. 81:1024-1039.
We are seeking talented and highly ambitious scientists holding a relevant PhD degree in neurosciences and/or cell biology and/or similar disciplines and who meet the eligibility criteria for the MSCA IF program.
- Mobility rule: have not lived in Spain for longer than 12 months in the past 36 months up to September 12th 2019-PhD degree in a relevant field (cell biology, oncology, neuroscience,…).
- Publications in top ranking scientific journals.
- English fluency and good interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply?
Applications should include the following:
1. Cover letter outlining your eligibility and motivation for applying (max 1 side A4)
2. Short summary of the proposed project (max 1 page)
3. CV (max 2 pages plus a list of publications and full contact details)
Please send the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Selected candidates will receive dedicated support from my group to write a successful proposal.
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.