RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › OtherEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/07/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is looking for a junior database manager to join our young, dynamic team in child-health research. As database manager, you will set up the database for the project and prepare data for analysis as required by the project. The work is in the framework of the international AIR-NB (Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre- and post-Natal Brain development) Project. This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the ERC-2017-ADG call, with number 785994.
Training and experience /Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in the health sciences or diploma level in biostatistics.
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data.
- Experience with relevant software package R
- Duration:4 months (extendable)
- Starting date:1st September 2020
- Contract:Part time (50%)
- Salary Range: Technician II D
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DataManager_AirNB_Jun20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until July 5th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Prepare the database from the questionnaires and air pollution measurements.
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control.
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research.
EURAXESS offer ID: 532950
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.