FORSCHUNGSBEREICHEngineering › Computer engineering
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST14/02/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
STANDORTPortugal › Braga
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
Junior Research Fellow – Machine learning for optoelectronics
Job Reference: Ref.01.22.01
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Group/Unit: Nanofabrication for Optoelectronic Applications (NOA)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 15 months
Open Date for Applications: January 17th, 2022
Closing Date for Applications: February 14th, 2022, 23h00m (Lisbon Time)
Key words: #Imagerecognition; #Neuralnetworks; #Machinelearning; #Developer
The Nanofabrication for Optoeletronic Applications (NOA) Research Group is dedicated to interfacing the industry needs with the state-of-the art research and development in nanofabrication and optoelectronics. We are looking for a qualified Junior Fellow to join our team in interfacing computer vision and machine learning protocols with materials development and photovoltaic asset management under the project “SMART-PV: Development of a platform for photovoltaic asset management via the intelligent failure prevention”, with the code POCI-01-0247-FEDER-068919 and also SafeChrome – Novos revestimentos PVD sobre polímeros, latão e alumínio para substituição de processos de galvanização de Cr (VI) with the code Reference number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047092.
The job duties will be the following:
- Development of image recognition software;
- Development of an automated database for image storage;
- Correlation of pre-analysed measurements with identified standard failure modes;
- Reporting and coordination of INL activities with the other project partners;
- Reporting the project documentation including deliverables, reports and presentations.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computational sciences, Physics engineering, Electrical and computer engineering; related engineering areas.
- Experience with AI frameworks (e.g. Keras; Pytorch) and libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn);
- Experience with machine learning models;
- Knowledge in deep learning models for classification and times series forecasting;
- Effective programing skills (e.g. Python);
- Experience with statistical analysis;
- Experience in electrical measurements;
- Experience in optical measurements.
- Know-how in databases will be valued.
- “Hands-on” approach together with a high commitment in respecting working deadlines;
- Problem Solving ability;
- Customer orientation;
- Ability to work independently and as team player;
- Good communication skills.
Note: Candidates should not have a labour contract with INL during the 12 months before the application.
- Competitive salary;
- Tax benefits and other Diplomatic privileges;
- Private health insurance;
- Family allowances (according to family situation);
- Free nursery service at INL premises (subject to availability);
- Support for education fees of dependent children;
- Relocation support;
- 30 working days of annual leave.
How to Apply
The application must be in English and include the following mandatory documents:
a) Cover letter;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) Academic and/or Professional diplomas;
d) Recognition of academic degrees (only academic degrees awarded by non-Portuguese higher education institutions)*.
* The selected candidate(s) with an academic degree granted by a non-Portuguese higher education institution must present, for hiring purposes, the certificate of recognition of that degree(s), issued by the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education or by a Portuguese Public Higher Education Institution. Please consult the website of the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en.
At the application stage, the supporting document(s) mentioned in paragraph (d) [Recognition of academic degrees (only academic degrees awarded by non-Portuguese higher education institutions)], may be replaced by a Declaration of Honour (Template) from the candidate. In this case, the application of the candidate will be provisionally accepted provided that the following conditions shall be satisfied:
- The Declaration of Honour should state facts only prior to the application. If the information on the Declaration of Honour differs from the certificate of recognition submitted at stage of preparing the contract, only this last one is considered;
- The Certificate of Recognition issued by the competent Portuguese Authority is mandatory at the stage of preparing the contract;
- The Certificate of Recognition must match the information considered in the evaluation stage.
Online application instructions:
- The application is made online by clicking the “Apply” button below;
- The candidate must complete all required sections of the online application form;
- The candidate must submit the mandatory documents mentioned above in pdf format by including them in the “Additional files” section using the “Add portfolio” button.
Incomplete applications including the failure to provide mandatory documents or providing inaccurate information will result in the application not being considered.
How the Selection Process works
A. Applications eligibility check
This stage will be carried out on the basis of the mandatory requirements, education, experience and technical skills defined for the job, as well as the validation of the mandatory documents. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will move forward to the next stage.
B. CV Assessment
The Selection Committee will evaluate the eligible applications based on their CV and other submitted documents and the suitability for the position. The best ranked candidates will be shortlisted for the interview stage(s).
The interview(s) may be done in different formats: video recording, online or onsite.
The question based interview will evaluate the match between the candidate’s profile and the requirements for the position, including the technical and personal skills. To better support this stage, the candidate may be requested to prepare a short presentation.
The selected candidate will be nominated and formally offered the position, including the disclosure of the contractual conditions.
We highly value your interest in becoming part of the INL experience and it is important for us to maintain good communications with all candidates. No matter the outcome of your application, we will always provide you with feedback.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL follows a non-discrimination and equal access principle, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of and duties based on any possible discriminatory issues.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), is the first and only Intergovernmental Organisation in the world entirely focused on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
It was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research, deploy and communicate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to be a recognised leading global nanotechnology innovation hub.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 728695
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.