ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversidade de Aveiro
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHEngineering › Materials engineering
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST11/10/2021 17:00 - Europe/London
STANDORTPortugal › Aveiro
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE35
NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF RESEARCH GRANTS
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one Postdoctoral Fellowship(s) (PDF) under Projeto Mobilizador em Copromoção intitulado “On-Surf - Mobilizar competências tecnológicas em Engenharia de Superfícies”, N. 24521 funded by FEDER, through POCI– Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização, of Materials Engineering and Ceramics Department, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Materials Engineering or similar.
2. Financing Source: supported by Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional – FEDER, through POCI – Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização, Sistema de Incentivos à Inovação e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico; Medida: Programas Mobilizadores
3. Admission Requirements: Doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering or similar, laboratory experience in the areas relevant for the project, good communication skills, team spirit, proactive way of working and ease of interpersonal interactions.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they had obtained a doctorate less than three years prior and comply with no. 2 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute in the wording given by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, and also the provisions of article 8 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro. PDFs can only be granted provided the following requirements are met cumulatively:
a) The doctorate has been obtained within the three years prior to the date of submission of the application for the grant;
b) The postdoctoral research is carried out in a host entity different from the entity where the research work leading to the doctoral degree was carried out;
c) the research activities do not require postdoctoral experience;
d) the research activities have a time frame for development and implementation of three years or less;
e) The fellow does not exceed, with the conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of three years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated.
5. Work plan: The grant will aim to support the final phase of project execution, namely on the synthesis, characterization, and application of coatings for surface modification, obtained by chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technique assisted by hot filament and by atomic layer deposition (ALD) for oxide applications for non-sticking surfaces.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Research Fellow Statute, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Department of Materials Engineering and Ceramics of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Researcher Doctor Filipe José Alves de Oliveira.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 8 months, eventually renewed, starting in November 2021. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in no. 5 of article 8, of Regulation no. 292/2020, of February 28th, published in Diário da República, no. 61, Series II, of March 26th (Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1,646.00, according to the table of values of monthly maintenance allowances, set out in Appendix III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, subject to any updates that may occur and are applicable. The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following:
A. Curriculum evaluation - with 100% valuation, which will be carried out according to the following criteria:
• Experience in experimental film synthesis techniques from the vapor phase (50%).
• Experience in the characterization techniques to be used (25%);
• Number of articles (SCI) published (25%);
If the jury does not consider itself able to decide using the method indicated in A, it may choose to conduct an Interview that will evaluate each candidate in the following areas:
• Specific knowledge for the execution of the work plan to be developed (50%);
• Knowledge of the institution (10%);
• Communication and interpersonal skills (10%);
• Oral command of the Portuguese language (10%);
• Oral command of the English language (10%);
• Organization and structuring of the content presented during the interview (10%).
The final evaluation will be performed according to the following weighting:
• 60% curriculum assessment;
• 40% interview.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: Chair of the Selection Jury- Doutor Filipe José Alves de Oliveira; Permanent members- Prof. Doctor Rui Ramos Ferreira e Silva; Prof. Doctor João André da Costa Tedim. Alternate Members- Doctor Miguel Ângelo da Costa Neto; Prof. Doctor Augusto Luís Barros Lopes.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from September 27th up to October 11th 2021, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications, declaration of honor and other supporting documents consider relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until January 31st 2022 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at https://www.ua.pt/en/sgrh/bolseiros.
University of Aveiro, 17/09/2021
(Filipe José Alves de Oliveira)
*Link em Português: https://www.ua.pt/pt/noticias/0/70177
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 686027
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.