NAME DER EINRICHTUNGUniversidade Nova de Lisboa
TYP DER FÖRDERUNGFunding
1 Research Scholarship for Master, within the scope of the Research project on “Health of migrant populations”. Ref. PTDC/SAU-SER/4664/2020.
The National School of Public Health of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (ENSP/UNL) has opened a call for the attribution of 1 Research Scholarship for Master, within the scope of the Research project on “Health of migrant populations”, funded solely by the State Budget, through the Foundation for Science and Technology, within the scope of the Competition for Projects in All Scientific Domains-2020, with the reference PTDC/SAU-SER/4664/2020, under the following conditions:
Scientific area: Health, Social Sciences or related fields
§ Professional experience in research projects
§ Skills in the area of qualitative methodologies
§ Communication skills and written and oral expression;
§ Solid knowledge of written and oral English;
§ Organizational capacity and autonomy
§ Attend a course that confers or does not confer an academic degree.
§ Work on research projects, preferably in the areas of public health or migration;
§ Experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative data;
§ Immediate availability.
- Operational preparation of projects in their different components (conceptual, organizational and logistical aspects);
- Design of study protocol and data collection instruments
- Data collection and analysis;
- Organizing and conducting interviews and/or focus groups;
- Writing of reports, scientific articles and other necessary documents.
Applicable legislation and regulations:
Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow (EBIC), approved by Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and published by Decree-Law No. 202/2012, of August 27, amended by Decree - Law No. 233/2012, of October 29, by Law No. 12/2013, of January 29, by Decree-Law No. 89/2013, of July 9 and by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28, available at:
Regulation of scientific research grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. in force (Regulation nº 643/2021): https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt
Workplace and scientific orientation:
The work will be carried out at the National School of Public Health of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Avenida Padre Cruz, 1600-560 Lisbon), under the scientific supervision of Professor Sónia Dias.
Duration of the fellowship: The fellowship contract, scheduled to start in October 2021, will have a duration of 6 months, and may be renewed until the end of the project.
Amount of monthly maintenance subsidy: The amount of the monthly subsidy is €1104.64, an amount referring to scholarships involving R&D activities to be carried out by doctoral students or by masters enrolled in courses leading and not leading to an academic degree. According to the table of monthly maintenance subsidies, contained in the FCT Scientific Research Grant Regulation, I.P., available at: https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.pt
In addition to this amount, the payment of the Personal Accident Insurance and the payment of Social Security.
The selection method to be used will be curriculum assessment (100%), in case there is no need for an interview. If it is considered necessary to conduct an interview, the weighting of both components will be: curriculum evaluation (70%) and interview (30%).
Composition of the Selection Jury:
President of the jury: Prof. Sonia Dias
1st Member: Prof. Ana Rita Goes; 2nd Member: Doctor Ana Rita Pedro
Substitute Member: Prof. Isabel Loureiro.
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
The contest is open from September 22nd to October 5th, 21st.
Applications must be formalized by email to email@example.com, with the reference PTDC/SAU-SER/4664/2020 in the subject, including the following documents:
1. Motivation letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae, detailed of the candidate, dated and signed;
3. Documents proving that the candidate meets the conditions required for granting the scholarship, namely a copy of the qualification certificates of all academic degrees obtained, with a final grade; and proof of enrollment in a doctoral course or other course that does not lead to an academic degree.
4. For academic degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, it is mandatory to present the registration of recognition of the academic degree and the conversion of the final classification to the Portuguese scale (process regulated by Decree-Law No. 341/2007, of 12 of October), or alternatively, obtaining equivalence/recognition of academic degrees (process regulated by Decree-Law No. 283/83, of 21 June); or even the acceptance of enrollment in the Course with or without an academic degree.
Disclosure of Results:
The results of the evaluation will be published on the School's website: https://www.ensp.unl.pt/, up to 90 working days after the final date of application submission.
Candidates will be notified by email, within 10 working days, in the absence of any response from them, the ranking list of candidates will become definitive. From the final decision, candidates may file a complaint within 15 working days, or appeal to the highest executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Regulation of Foundation for Science and Technology Research Grants.
For more information, contact Dr. Marta Sofia Cerqueira, tel.: 217512141, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.