ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversity of Warsaw
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST31/08/2021 12:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTPoland › Warsaw
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
Work offer for the post-doc researcher, full time adjunct position in Institute of Anthropology and Ethnology at University of Warsaw in the research grant
(SONATA) of NCN (National Science Centre)
Transformation Initiatives in the Andean rural communities. Narratives and strategies of social change from an anthropological perspective.
(grant holder Agata Hummel Ph.D.)
Eligible applicants have to meet the conditions mentioned in the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 r. (t.j. Dz. U. z 2021 item 478 as amended )
and The Statute of the University of Warsaw
University of Warsaw is seeking to appoint a post-doc researcher to join the 3-year transdisciplinary project, “Transformation Initiatives in the Andean rural communities. Narratives and strategies of social change from an anthropological perspective”.
Job Description: The Post-doc Researcher will play a key role in contributing to the project, especially in its Bolivian dimension, they will: prepare and conduct fieldwork in Bolivia and Peru, conduct on-line interviews, codify and analyze the data, manage data gathered by the whole project team, present the results of the project at conferences, what should result in scientific publications.
- Ph.D. in social sciences (preferably political sociology, political sciences or Latin American Studies)
- very good knowledge of the ethnography and history of Bolivia
- fieldwork experience in the Bolivian Andes (at least 2 years in the field), preferably in such research subjects as:
- self-determination, political autonomy of indigenous people, in the context of development and control of resources
- multinational state
- relations between state and indigenous groups
- issues related with indigenous people and extractivism
- intercultural democracy (democracia intercultural)
- experience in cooperation with Bolivian indigenous organizations and institutions supporting indigenous rights.
- experience in cooperation with Bolivian universities
- experience in conducting qualitative research: preparation of the fieldwork, interviews (preparing and conducting), participant observation, data management and analysis
- orientation in current debates related to alternatives to development and decolonial approach to development.
- proficient command of written and spoken Spanish
- proficient command of written and spoken English
- capacity to work in transdisciplinary research team
- high quality, documented academic achievements (publications and conference presentations), especially related to Bolivia and above mentioned subjects.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 667726
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.