ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGJohannes Gutenberg University Mainz
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHReligious sciences › Theology
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST13/08/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Mainz
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent.
Faculty 01 Evangelic-Theological Faculty of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Lecturer with a specified function
- Conceptual design and implementation of the courses in Biblical-Old Hebrew required at the faculty according to the specifications of the current order
- Carrying out additional supplementary courses with at least one further focus in the area of Northwest Semitic Studies (e.g. Phoenician, Hebrew epigraphy, late or post-Biblical Hebrew, Aramaic) to develop the biblical primary sources and the environmental texts on history and the history of religion relevant to the exegetical subjects
- Participation in and implementation of administrative tasks in the area of exam organization within the framework of the Hebraicum;
- Participation in and implementation of the written and oral exams as part of the Hebraicum
What we have to offer:
- Jobticket, optional for the entire Rhine-Main area
- Extensive human resources development offer
- Flexible working time arrangements
Please send your complete application as one pdf file (stating the identification no. 11121-01-LfbA-ml) by 12.08.2021 at the latest to:
Dekan der Ev. Theol. Fakultät
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Roth
The position is remunerated in accordance with EG 13 at and is open for an unlimited period as of October 1, 2021.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in the field of research and teaching and therefore encourage female researchers to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
For questions and further information please con-tact Frau Martina Maramba by phone 06131/39-22217 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection information
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
Applicants must meet the recruitment requirements stipulated in § 58 in conjunction with § 57 of the Hochschulgesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- A successfully completed university degree in theology, Semitic or Jewish studies
- a doctorate
- Post-graduation full-time work experience of at least 2.5 years
- a recognizable, relevant philological focus in the Old Testament or in Biblical-Old He-brew in academic work
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 662562
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.