NAME DER EINRICHTUNGUniversidad de Cantabria
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
POSDOCTORAL GRANT MODALITY “MARÍA ZAMBRANO” - NEXT GENERATION EU FUNDING
Grants for Requalification of Spanish University System 2021-2023
Attraction of talents to the University of Cantabria. Joining with a full-time contract a Research Group and a Department or Centre or Institute at the University of Cantabria through post-doctoral contracts.
Minimum number of full-time contracts: 8. Amount (gross pay, including social costs to be discounted): 4.000 euros/month. Travel costs: 3.500 euros (only 1 payment).
Duration: 24 months, always full years and on a continuous basis, with limit date of 31 December, 2024. The start of the contracts must begin between 01.01.2022 and 01.06.2022, in any case, the start must begin on the 1st day of the month indicated.
Possibility of teaching collaboration of up to 60 hours/year.
Conditions for applicants
1) Accumulated post-doctoral trajectory of not less than 24 months at Universities or Centres different from the one where the dissertation was presented. This experience will have to be accredited through an employment contract or other legal forms. It cannot be accredited through the scientific publications of the candidates.
2) To be developing research projects or teaching at Universities or Centres outside Spain.
3) Be a resident in the country where the aforementioned activities take place.
4) Have the commitment of a “hosting Research Group” at the University of Cantabria. The Group’s Main Researcher will act as tutor/supervisor of the grant application.
Please contact a Research Group’s Main Researcher in your knowledge area to obtain the necessary approval before preparing your application. You can find their names (“Responsable”) and contact details at the following link: https://web.unican.es/portal-investigador/grupos.
The proposals, together with all the required documentation, will be presented in the General Registry of the University.
Through the application at https://web.unican.es/unidades/gestion-investigacion/Paginas/Ayudas-recualificacion.aspx following these steps:
- Present the documentation physically in the registry: Oficina de Registro General de la Universidad de Cantabria: Select “Solicitar CITA PREVIA”
- Present de documentation electronically at the registry. Oficina de Registro General de la Universidad de Cantabria: Select “Sede electrónica de la UC: Instancia genérica”
International applicants can send and submit the required documentation through a person in the Research Group they wish to join. That person can present the physical documentation in the registry on behalf of the candidate, no authorization is required. All documents must be duly completed and signed. It is important that the person who is going to present the application requests an appointment in the registry. Here.
The application form is available here: FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD MODALIDAD C-MARIA ZAMBRANO.doc
It must be indicated to which area the grant application is submitted. Once completed in all its sections, it will be presented together with the following documentation:
a) Abbreviated CV of the applicant in pdf format. This document must be presented in the “Curriculum Vitae Abreviado” CVA format (the form at FECYT can be used) and it will contain a maximum of four pages. Model to be downloaded CVA_castellano.docx. (accepted in Spanish or English)
b) Scientific and technical background of the University of Cantabria hosting research group, on a standard format. To be issued by hosting research group. Model to be downloaded Historial_MZambrano.docx (accepted in Spanish or English)
c) Memorandum supporting the adequacy of the candidate to the research needs and transfer of knowledge to the hosting group and expected impact on a standard format (no page limit). Model to be downloaded Memoria_MZambrano.docx (accepted in Spanish or English)
d) Document accepting the research stay signed by the head of the Department/ Institute belonging to the University of Cantabria (Free format).
e) Document(s) proving the postdoctoral trajectory of no less than 24 months at Universities or Research Centres in Spain or abroad but different to the one where the doctoral dissertation was presented (Free format).
f) Document(s) proving that at the time of application the candidate is taking part in research projects or teaching at a higher education institution outside Spain (Free format).
g) For people accessing through the quota for people with a certified disability of at least 33%, the necessary certificate approved by the National or Regional competent authority.
h) Doctor’s Degree. Only those who are not PhDs from the University of Cantabria must provide the title of doctor and the document accrediting the act of defense and approval of the doctoral thesis.
i) Scanned copy of National identity Card or Passport in pdf format.
*Information about Recognized Research Groups and Research Institutes: https://web.unican.es/portal-investigador/grupos
Section 1 – Curriculum Vitae (CVA): up to 50 points
The contributions of the last six years will be valued:
a1) The contribution in:
- Articles published in scientific journals (score between 3 and 10 points for each of them).
- Books or chapters of scientific and technical books (score between 3 and 10 points per contribution).
- Papers presented at conferences (score between 1 and 3 points for each of them)
- Patents granted or licensed. (score between 3 and 10 points for each of them)
Participation in publications should be valued based on the relevance of the magazine or book, the number of signatories and the candidate's position in the order of signature and the relationship with the activities described in the report.
a2) Participation in:
- Research projects (score between 3 and 10 points for each of them)
- Research stays in other centers (score between 1 and 5 points for each of them)
- Scientific dissemination activities and any other contribution that allows evaluating merits in research not included in the previous section. (score between 1 and 2 points for each of them)
Section 2 – Scientific-technical background of the hosting group - up to 30 points
The contributions of the last six years will be valued:
b1) The contribution of the team in the research activity related to the candidate, reflected in:
- Articles published in scientific journals, books, book chapters, papers presented at conferences (score between 0 and 5 points).
- Patents granted or licensed (score between 0 and 5 points).
- Doctoral theses carried out within the group. (score between 0 and 5 points).
b2) Projects and agreements with companies or institutions with team members as responsible researchers, especially valuing the existence of current projects that support the research stay to be carried out. (score between 0 and 15 points).
Section 3 - Supporting Memorandum, up to 20 points
Adequacy of the applicant to the research and knowledge transfer needs of the hosting group and expected impact. It will be valued:
c1) The feasibility, relevance and innovation of the activities to be carried out during the stay (between 0 and 10 points)
c2) The benefits that the stay will entail in relation to the research and transfer needs of the receiving group, as well as the desired impact. (between 0 and 10 points).
The minimum number of points required to pass the evaluation will be 80
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.