ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGJosep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC)
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST31/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTSpain › Badalona
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
We are looking for a highly motivated computational biologist/bioinformatician with interest in the application of computational tools to analyze omics data on leukemic samples. The candidate will join the Stem cell biology, developmental leukemia and immunotherapy lab of Dr. Pablo Menendez’s at Josep Carreras Institute. We are looking for highly motivated and creative thinking individuals that will be involved on the different projects in the lab (pediatric B-ALL, AML, CAR-T), working closely with biologist/physicians of the group and external collaborators.
What we need
- Graduated/Master on Bioinformatics or biologists/biotech with experience on computational biology.
- Strong biological knowledge.
- Experience in implementing and applying methodologies for bioinformatic analysis pipelines.
- Experience with scripting languages such as R or Python.
- Good presentation and communication skills, explaining complex analytics concepts to colleagues at all levels.
- Comfortable at working on a multidisciplinary lab.
- Fluent in English.
- Single cell and bulk RNA-seq analysis: whole transcriptome, gene panels. Preprocessing QC, adapter trimming, alignment, transcriptome reconstruction, expression quantification, and Differential Gene Expression Analysis. Fusion gene detection.
- Genome Variant analysis of somatic alterations (single cell and bulk): data processing, QC assessment, filtering, and variant output (SNVs, indels and large CNVs) on genomes, exomes and gene panels. Variant annotation, interpretation, and classification.
- Functional enrichment analysis: pathways, PPIs, drug interactions, regulatory networks. Biomarker discovery.
- Analysis of other high-throughput assays (Chip-seq, ATAC-seq, BS-seq...).
What we offer
- Temporary position.
- Incorporation to a recently created research group.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute.
- Contract details will be negotiated and take into account the track record of the candidate.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com including the reference: LT_PM_46.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by August 31th, 2021.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukemias and other malignant hematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 649674
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.