FORSCHUNGSBEREICHBiological sciences › Biology
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST28/02/2021 20:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTFrance › Toulouse
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE38,30
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
Post-transcriptional regulation by RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) controls all aspects of RNA life, from synthesis, editing, location and translation of mRNA into functionally active proteins. Using the latest high-throughput sequencing technologies we have uncovered novel RBP- dependent regulatory mechanisms that control innate and adaptive immune responses. In particular, we are interested on understanding how RBPs differentially modulate gene expression during B lymphocyte activation and their contribution into central nervous system (CNS) autoimmunity. We look for a molecular biologist or immunologist ideally with knowledge into computational analysis. The candidate will generate and integrate data from in-vivo conditional knock out mouse models and from the latest biochemical and sequencing technologies to study the regulation of RNA splicing and translation in B lymphocytes in normal and physiopathology in the CNS.
- The successful applicant will be involved in a highly collaborative project between the Center for Phyisiopathology Toulouse Purpan (CPTP, Toulouse) and the Necker Institute (Paris) which is funded by the National Agency for Research (ANR). As part of this team, the applicant will take responsibilities on the characterization of novel mechanisms involved in B cell development and function in different models of autoimmunity including experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE).
- The postdoctoral fellow will be highly involved in uncovering the molecular mechanisms controlled by RBPs, identifying protein:RNA interactions by iCLIP-seq as well as deep characterization of the transcriptome and translatome of B cells in different settings.
- Additionally, the candidate will explore the intracellular and external cues that control RBP function in normal B cell homeostasis and inflammation (in-vivo and in-vitro settings).
- The applicant is expected to independently conduct research with support & supervision adapted to previous experience and needs.
- The postdoctoral researcher will present the progress of the project in regular internal meetings between the teams involved in the project, as well as during national and international conferences.
- The successful applicant will have full support to apply for own national and international fellowships/grants that supports the project as well as career development.
Please send a cover letter with a short description of applicant’s previous research projects and your CV (max. three A4 pages including your scientific contributions) describing your interests in Biomedical Research and Immunology. At least two reference letters are requested. Address both informal and formal application to Dr. Manuel D. Diaz-Munoz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
PhD degree in biochemistry, cell biology and/or immunology
- Expertise in the field of RNA biology and immunology. In particular knowledge in lymphocyte development, activation, CNS inflammation and autoimmunity will be prioritized.
- Knowledge in high-throughput sequencing methodologies (both single-cell and bulk sequencing). Data analysis with established pipelines and/or packages as well as command-line.
- Expertise in mouse models of research in immunology
- Imaging, RNA and protein analysis, flow cytometry, and general lab protocols and methodologies used in the biological sciences
- Strong computer literacy including experience with image analysis, FlowJo, Prism, and computational analyses (R and Python)
- English required
- High initiative, autonomy and the ability to assume a high level of responsibility.
- Positive aptitude for training and development of early researchers and students as well as active engagement with international collaborators is required.
- Excellent laboratory practices, high degree of organization, data analysis/recording and science communication are essential.
- Experience with genetically modified mouse models in immunology and autoimmunity is required.
- Expertise in flow cytometry, molecular biology, next generation sequencing and bioinformatics (R, Python) will be highly appreciated.
- Published evidence of aptitude for high-quality research is essential.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 581665
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.