FORSCHUNGSBEREICHComputer science › OtherComputer science › Programming
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST26/11/2020 13:14 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTSwitzerland › Zurich
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE38
Our research group in the field of Wirtschaftsinformatik (Management Information Systems) headed by Professor Dr. Stefan Feuerriegel conducts research on artificial intelligence. For a project in the area of Artificial Intelligence for Businesses the group is looking to fill positions in Machine Learning Engineering.
Machine learning based automation of information extraction from business relevant documents is a fast-growing market. Many administrative processes in companies still begin with manually copy-pasting information from documents into computer systems.
BLP Digital AG is an ETH Spin-off company from our chair and industry leader in the field of information extraction from documents. BLP automates repetitive back office tasks with Artificial Intelligence. That means no more manually processing of incoming invoices, delivery notes, or purchase orders.
For a joint project to further develop the extraction technology to apply it to other document types we are looking for exceptional engineers who are driven to find simple solutions to complex machine learning problems.
You will work in close collaboration with leading Swiss and European companies with high volumes of data and diverse problems. The tasks are diverse and non-repetitive, building a new and innovative system using state of the art concepts and infrastructure. In addition, you will be closely working with the BLP team and discuss machine learning, data pipelines, deployment and many more topics with experts and talents working at university, in industry, and in other start-up ventures.
We offer a competitive salary in accordance with ETH standards and an interesting research and development agenda. Our research is driven by the strong desire to develop artificial intelligence for management in businesses, public organizations or healthcare. For this purpose, we draw upon recent advances in artificial intelligence and statistical modeling in order to gain deep insights. The close collaboration with our spin-off company offers the unique chance of applying research in practice.
- MA/MS in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Excited to be part of a small and fast-paced team which is driven by innovation
- Ready to take over responsibility and work independently
- Experience building and maintaining large scale, production data pipelines for machine learning applications
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Solid competence in software engineering with a common programming language such as Python, C++, or similar
- Experience with an ML framework such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, or similar
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in Englis
- Gained hands-on experience with large scale data infrastructures for ML model deployment in production
- Solid understanding and experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with databases, their internals and query processing
- Background in statistics
We look forward to receiving your online application. We have a lightweight application procedure (CV+transcript only) to minimize effort at both ends. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered. Please note that your information will be shared with BLP Digital as the spin-off takes part in the hiring process.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Ms Sharon Teitler at firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 571593
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 149817
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.