ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGBarcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHComputer science › Other
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST31/08/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTSpain › Barcelona
KONTAKTTYPTo be defined
Context And Mission
BSC is looking for talented and motivated students with expertise in FPGA development and IP integration for a European HPC accelerator. The design is based on RISC-V architecture. This project to builds FPGA infrastructure for RISC-V based accelerators and processors.
- Design and develop a high-performance FPGA platform targeting a future Exascale Supercomputer.
- Translate/target ASIC RTL for a multi-FPGA environment
- Design integration, logic synthesis and design optimization for area, timing and power
- Developing front-end methodologies and tool flows
- You will collaborate closely with design and verification engineers in active projects and perform hands-on design, writing RTL.
- Participate in system bring-up and testing
- Undergrad or graduate student in Electrical Engineering or Engineering degree
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- 0-2 years experience in the following areas
- Design, build, test/debug and produce high-quality processor emulation platform VHDL, Verilog, and Chisel a plus
- Xilinx and Intel/Altera FPGA tools and processes (design, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, power analysis), including OpenCL, HLS, Chisel, and SoC tools.
- Familiar with SystemVerilog/UVM based design verification a plus
- High-speed design using advanced techniques and state-of-art devices
- High-end FPGAs, SOC FPGAs, memory devices, including HBM
- IP integration
- Standard communications and storage protocols
- High-speed interconnect, including PCIe
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative designs
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
Duration: Temporary - 6 months renewable
Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
Starting date: September 1, 2020
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 550715
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 11614
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.