ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHEngineering › Mechanical engineering
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST13/09/2020 21:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTFrance › Grenoble
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
BM23 and ID24 are two beamlines dedicated to X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (XAS). BM23 is a standard energy scanning XAS beamline exploiting a two-pole wiggler source, whereas ID24 features two branches, an energy dispersive branch (ID24-ED) and a scanning branch (ID24-DCM) on an undulator source. The ID24-ED branch will be coupled to a high power laser facility (HPLF-I platform). Both branches cover a wide range of applications in Chemistry, Solid-State Physics, Materials Science, Biology, Environmental Science, Geochemistry, Geophysics and Planetology.
Following the complete reconstruction of the ESRF accelerator complex (EBS project), BM23 and ID24 will be completely reconstructed and optimized for the new source characteristics. As a technician, you will be responsible for the assembly of the beamline components and instrumentation during the reconstruction of the two beamlines in collaboration with the other beamline technicians, engineers and scientists of the project teams.
Your mission includes:
- Participation in the construction of beamlines BM23 and ID24
- Participation in the construction of the HPLF-I platform
- Assembly of vacuum components
- Assembly of beamline components and instruments
- Mechanical mounting of girders and moving components (slides, motors, jacks…)
- Technical assistance to the beamline operation and user service
- Support of the design of new equipment
Further information may be obtained from Olivier Mathon (email: email@example.com).
Additional allowances may apply to the annual gross salary .
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in mechanics or scientific instrumentation.
- 3 to 10 years of professional experience
- Ability to machine mechanical parts and assemble delicate mechanics
- Ability to read, use produce technical SolidWorks drawings
- Knowledge and/or experience in precision mechanics and scientific instrumentation
- Knowledge and/or experience in ultra- high vacuum
- Skills in instrument control, electronics, laboratory techniques will be an asset
- Good organisation, communication and team spirit
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 550563
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.