KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST09/09/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Garching
KONTAKTTYPTo be defined
JCNS-4 - Neutronenmethoden
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The Jülich Centre for Neutron Science (JCNS) develops and operates neutron scattering instruments at some of the best neutron sources worldwide. At the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum (MLZ) in Garching near Munich, the JCNS provides access to a suite of high performance neutron scattering instruments for scientists from universities and research institutions in Germany and throughout the world. Within the user program more than 1000 scientists visit the MLZ every year to perform experiments in the physical, chemical, biological and materials sciences. In addition, JCNS is actively pursuing a research program in the field of Quantum Materials and collective Phenomena, Soft matter and biophysics and Neutron Analytics for Energy Research.
- Project management of sample procuration, experiment conduction and analysis
- Investigation of inter-polyelectrolyte complexes of proteins and DNA with block copolymers in solution and gel phase.
- Structural and morphological characterization of inter-polyelectrolyte complexes of proteins and DNA with block copolymers of different nature.
- Small-angle neutron scattering experiments
- Combination of neutron and X-ray scattering methods together with transmission electron microscopy
- Data analysis and interpretation with structural models, publication of the results
- University degree and a PhD in soft matter physics, chemistry, materials sciences, biophysics or related fields
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Proven track record in soft matter and/or biophysics and scattering methods
- Knowledge of neutron or x-ray scattering is of advantage
- Initiative character, creativity, good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, result orientation and analytical skills
- Our institute offers a highly interdisciplinary working environment and in-house access to state-of-the-art neutron scattering instruments
- Opportunity to work on topical challenges with access to the excellent infrastructure of one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. via a comprehensive further training programme
- Participation in national and international conferences and workshops; attractive flexible working hours and a broad offer to arrange business and family
- Limited for 2 years
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
Place of employment: Garching (Munich)Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 550444
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 2020-262
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.