FORSCHUNGSBEREICHEducational sciences › OtherSociology › Other
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST08/09/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTBelgium › Gent
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE38
→ Apply before [[08-08-2020]] 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
→ Department: [[Social Work and Social Pedagogy]]
→ Occupancy rate:[[100%]]
→ Number of positions: []
→ Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
→ Term of assignment: [[18 months]]
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
Scientific support for three research projects on psychosocial wellbeing of young newcomers and victims of sexual violence
- RefugeesWellSchool: Support of the coordination of the Refugees-WellSchool project (H2020 project), analysis of the quantitative and qualitative data and writing of publications, communication and dissemination of the findings.
- InHere project: Support of the InHere project on safe reporting of undocumented women who are victims of sexual violence
- Enabel projects DRCongo & Senegal: Support of two projects of “Enabel” on care for victims of sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo and in Senegal: analysis and writing publications on collected data on sexual violence and support of writing care protocols for this group.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate in social sciences
- You have experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research in migration, psychosocial wellbeing and/or victims of sexual violence
- You have very good English speaking, reading and writing skills
- You have good to very good French speaking, reading and writing skills
- You have experience with scientific publications
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- You are a team player
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to DRCongo and Senegal
- You take part in the activities of the Department of Social Work and Social Pedagogy and of CESSMIR.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of 18 months
- Your contract will start on 1/09/2020at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you hold a Master’s degree) or salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits(in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment systembefore the application deadline(see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. Ilse Derluyn(ilse.derluyn@UGent.be, +32 (0)9/264 64 02). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 550421
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 147437
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.