ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGEuropean Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST30/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Garching near Munich
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
This is an excellent opportunity for professionals in controlling, cost accounting and database handling.The role is foreseen to support the Head of Resource Planning and Controlling within the Finance Department in the execution of various tasks falling under their respective responsibility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor budget execution of defined activities and projects;
- Support project development and operations departments in preparation of the annual budget;
- Support the preparation of the personnel budget and its allocation to the relevant tasks;
- Regular cost charging of staff effort to projects and activities based on the Organisation’s time logging tool;
- Internal recharge of various costs to projects and activities including coordination with parties involved;
- Definition and update of cost rates incl. associated overheads;
- Support for the preparation of decision-making documents for internal and external bodies;
- Document and improve processes related to the listed tasks;
- Ad-hoc support to financial analysis.
The main duties for this position are not limited to the above and a flexible approach and willingness to adapt within the Finance Department is essential.
The Head of Resource Planning and Controlling.
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHES BILDUNGSNIVEAUOther: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Key Competences and Experience
Essential Competences and Experience:
- At least five years of working experience with budgets and cost accounting;
- Good knowledge of financial processes (budgeting, financial closure and reporting, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Proficient in using Business Intelligence Tools;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (especially Excel);
- Solid knowledge of an ERP system;
- Understanding of data analysis;
- High level of attention to details and ability to quickly and effectively identify potential flaws;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with friendly and service oriented attitude;
- Ability to monitor progress of her/his own work, to organise activities, to work under pressure and to deliver to agreed deadlines and standards;
- Ability to work both on your own initiative and within teams in an international and multicultural environment.
Desirable Competences and Experience:
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with ability to prioritize her/his own activities;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESO specific context and environment including ESO Matrix structure;
- User experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and in COGNOS TM1.
A High School diploma or General Educational Development degree is required. Additional qualifications, such as an academic degree in the areas of Finance and Controlling, are desirable.
A very good command of the English language is essential and a working knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 550158
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.