ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGThe Cyprus Institute
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST14/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTCyprus › Nicosia
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for Intern(s) who will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through contributing to the activities of the Cyprus Atmospheric Observatory (CAO) and the Instrumentation for Nanoparticle and Nanomaterials Synthesis and Characterisation (INL) team.
The successful candidate(s) will assist senior and junior researchers in the daily operations of the Cyprus Atmospheric Observatory (CAO) and in the development and deployment of new low-cost sensors designed and built by the Instrumentation for Nanoparticle Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory (INL) of the CyI. The successful candidate(s) will get involved in intensive campaigns that take place within Cyprus and in the greater M. East area, and in the analysis of the data collected from the field measurements.
The position(s) will be on a full-time basis for a fixed term of six months, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds. The position(s) will also have the possibility to be converted to a PhD project depending on the interest of the candidate(s). The successful candidate(s) will be under the supervision of the Head of the Innovation Department of CARE-C.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The operation of online environmental monitors at CAO.
- The development/testing/deployment of low-cost sensor network operated by INL.
- The data quality of the above mentioned measurements. For this purpose, the successful candidate will be trained by CyI’s expert teams through hands-on activities/practices to obtain technical skills that are necessary to quality control the measurement archive produced.
- Short and long term intensive campaigns inside and outside of Cyprus, under the guidance of senior researchers.
- Maintaining and updating the measurement database of CAO.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest, and a list of 2 references (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact George Biskos, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact Person: George Biskos
Reference Number: CARE-C_IN_20_05
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
- Master Degree in one of the following:
- Physics or Chemistry
- Electrical and/or Mechanical and/or Chemical and/or Aerospace Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Familiarity with instrumentation and characterization techniques
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g., Matlab, C++)
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and writing
- Driving license is mandatory
- High interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Preferred/Disirable Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred experience in technology-related research laboratories.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and measures relevant to lab/technical activities
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 548011
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.