ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGThe Cyprus Institute
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHComputer scienceEngineeringMathematics › Applied mathematicsMathematics › Computational mathematicsPhysics
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST28/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTCyprus › Nicosia
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ja
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI are pursued at its four Research Centers: the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for Computational Scientists, to pursue research in High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Data Science/Artificial Intelligence in order to increase the uptake of HPC technologies for scientific and industrial applications. The successful candidates are expected to conduct research as well as innovation and development activities as part of the National HPC Competence Centre (NCC).
The rank of the positions will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidates. The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of 2 years with the possibility of renewal. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidates. The successful candidates will coordinate with other National HPC Competence Centers in EU member countries, participate in training and dissemination events.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities
- Develop algorithms and codes for scientific and industrial applications towards exascale.
- Perform large-scale computations in the domain of interest.
- Analyze big and complex data sets using HPC infrastructure.
- Support researchers in academia and industry to exploit large-scale computer infrastructure in Cyprus and on the European level.
- Raise awareness of the utilization of HPC for research and innovation through dissemination and training events.
- Deliver appropriate training for the academic, government and industrial sectors.
- Contribute to writing proposals for accessing computational resources.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest and a list of three referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Prof. C. Alexandrou
Reference number: CaSToRC_CS_20_04
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
- A PhD in a relevant field such as Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 peer-reviewed publications
- Knowledge of HPC and HPC infrastructure
- Application of HPC in scientific and/or industrial applications
- HPC programming experience e.g OpenMP, OpenAcc, MPI, CUDA
- Presentations at international meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- High-level communication and strong scientific and technical writing skills
- High level of organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal)
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Data and/or computationally-intensive applications (CPU/GPU);
- Scientific visualization software;
- Knowledge of Data Science/Artificial intelligence methodologies (machine and deep learning algorithms, statistical analysis, management of big data, data analysis techniques)
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 544399
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.