KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST09/08/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Jülich
KONTAKTTYPTo be defined
INM-3 - Kognitive Neurowissenschaften
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Researchers at the subinstitute Cognitive Neuroscience (INM-3) investigate the neural mechanisms underlying cognitive (dys-) function in healthy subjects and patients suffering from neurological and psychiatric disorders. Functional imaging (PET, MRI) and electrophysiological methods (EEG, TMS, tDCS) are combined with computational approaches.The successful candidate will investigate how neural information processing within the human motor system is impaired by (non-)pathological aging under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Silvia Daun.
- Design, acquisition and analysis of EEG data from healthy subjects and stroke patients
- Development of analysis algorithms and mathematical models
- Presentation and publication of the results
- Interaction with team members and collaborators from Psychology, Medicine, and Computational Neuroscience
- Completed study in Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, Physics, Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering including an excellent doctoral degree
- Significant programming skills (preferably in Matlab or Python)
- Keen interest in cognitive and systems neuroscience
- Experience with the conduction of EEG experiments
- Proven scientific achievements as evidenced by publications in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Interest in combining basic research and translational research on stroke patients
- Good command of English
- High social competence and organizational talent
- High motivation
- Exciting working environment on an attractive research campus with excellent infrastructure, located between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- A stimulating, collaborative, and international research environment
- A comprehensive further training programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and private life
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Limited for 3 years with possible longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD). Depending on the applicant`s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks, salary grade EG 13 TVöD-Bund
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 538645
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 2020-212
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.