KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST09/08/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Jülich
KONTAKTTYPTo be defined
INM-3 - Kognitive Neurowissenschaften
Area of research:
Researchers at the subinstitute Cognitive Neuroscience (INM-3) investigate the neural mechanisms underlying cognitive (dys-) function in healthy subjects and patients suffering from neurological and psychiatric disorders. Functional imaging (PET, MRI) and electrophysiological methods (EEG, TMS, tDCS) are combined with computational approaches.The successful candidate will investigate how neural information processing within the human motor system is impaired by (non-)pathological aging under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Silvia Daun.
- Acquisition and analysis of EEG and fMRI data from healthy subjects and stroke patients
- Implementation of analysis algorithms
- Presentation and publication of the results
- Interaction with team members and collaborators from Psychology, Medicine, and Computational Neuroscience
- Excellent University degree (Diploma/Master) in Computational Neuroscience, Physics, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering or a related field
- Solid programming skills (preferably in Matlab or Python)
- Keen interest in cognitive and systems neuroscience
- Good command of English
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure – ideal conditions for successfully completing a doctoral degree
- A highly motivated group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe`s largest research establishments
- An attractive research campus, situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Chance of participating in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Doctoral degree conferred by University of Cologne
- Participation in overarching seminars including certificate
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. via a comprehensive further training programme
- Pay in line with 65 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund). Pay higher than the basic pay may be possible
- Information on employment as a PhD student at Forschungszentrum Jülich can be found here www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 538644
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 2020D-071
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.