KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST02/12/2020 18:07 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Jülich
KONTAKTTYPTo be defined
IBG-4 - Bioinformatik
Area of research:
The newly founded institute for bioinformatics (IBG-4) within the institute for bio- and geosciences works and develops methods and algorithms aiming to gain a basic understanding especially of high-dimensional data and processes in the bioeconomy. Bioinformatics at Forschungszentrum Jülich has a leading role at national and international level, for example in the field of data management of plant data, in the evaluation of new methods of genome analysis and in the integration, interpretation and visualization of high-dimensional omics data from the field of bioeconomy.
Applied bioinformatics of wild maize samples
- Assembly and curation of genome sequencing data
- Assembly, curation, and analysis of tanscriptome analysis
- Establishment of gene networks based on correlation in gene expression
- Analysis of expression vector space
- Comparative genomics: Ortholog and Paralog detection, phylogenetic reconstruction, gene family analysis, gene function prediction, enrichment analysis
- Integration and interpretation of results from habitat and genome-trait-association
- Implementation of the data management plan
- Master in bioinformatics, computer or data science, or biology with strong experience in applied omics and or comparative genomics bioinformatics
- Practical experience in bioinformatics projects is mandatory
- Good experience in Scripting a scientific programming language, e.g. R or Python
- Good experience in Shell-Scripting (Bash)
- Intermediate in handling the Linux operating system
- Experience in data visualization is desirable
- Experience in web development (server and front-end) using e.g. Node.js would be helpful
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Very good cooperation and communication skills and ability to work as part of a distributed team in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills in English are mandatory
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Creative and international team that conducts research at the frontiers of science
- Interdisciplinary data science and applied bioinformatics in a high impact research project
- The Jülich Research Center is one of the largest research centers in Europe, with excellent scientific equipment including the fastest supercomputer in Europe, is located on a green campus, and near the cultural centers Cologne and Düsseldorf and Bonn.
- Chance of participating in (international) conferences
- Participation in overarching seminars including certificate
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. via a comprehensive further training Programme
- A contract for the duration of 3 years
- Pay in line with 50 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
- Information on employment as a PhD student at Forschungszentrum Jülich can be found here www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 538643
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 2020D-072
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.