ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversity of Tartu
KARRIERESTUFELeading Researcher (R4)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST03/09/2020 18:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTEstonia › Tartu
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching at all levels of higher education, using modern teaching methods and educational technology.
- Supervising students (primarily master’s and doctoral students).
- Activities related to the administration and development of teaching.
- High-level RDC activities, incl. directing RDC activities in the field of applied geology and taking care that necessary resources (incl. research grants) are available for it. Directing a research theme.
- Participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies.
- Social and public activities.
- Participation in research administrative activities of international dimension.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Previous work experience as a professor, associate professor, research professor or senior research fellow.
- Ability to organise teaching and teach at all levels of higher education.
- Previous teaching experience, effective supervising of doctoral students.
- Knowledge of modern study aids and learning methods.
- Ability to organise RDC activities in the specialisation.
- Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which so far is equivalent to at least three doctoral theses.
- Ongoing active engagement in research, internationally recognised research in the last five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of 1.5 doctoral thesis.
- Success in applying for research funding as well as managing and performing RDC-related contracts in the last five years.
- Participation in the work of the international community in the specialisation.
- Experience in the application and popularisation of theoretical knowledge.
- Experience in team or project management.
Required language skills
Excellent English, Estonian is an advantage.
Starting at 01.02.2021.
Salary: Remuneration based on UT Salary Rules.
See also UT salary rules.
Professor Kalle Kirsimäe, email@example.com.
Application documents and notification of results
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St,Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Candidates for the position of professor shall present a statement not exceeding 1500 words of the aims to be achieved during the term in the position, and the outline of an action plan for achieving these.
Number of copies: 1
Notification of results: The candidate will be notified of election results within two weeks following the election. The assessments drawn up in respect of the candidate and the documents specified in paragraph 5 of the list of documents will be returned to the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates can also request the return of documents specified in paragraphs 2 -4 of the list.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 537955
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.