ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversity of Luxembourg
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST15/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTLuxembourg › Luxembourg
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a:
Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Law
A specialisation is foreseen in Criminal Law
- Ref: F2-50011712 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- 36 months fixed-term contract, extendable to 48 months if required
- Full-time position, 40 h/week
- Employee and student status
- The doctoral researcher will be working within the Department of Law. The doctoral researcher is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of Criminal Law with a focus on new technologies. Particular interest in Artificial Intelligence and new technologies would be an asset
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the intersection of Criminal Law and new technologies, under the supervision of Professor Katalin Ligeti. The candidate is free to choose between substantive criminal law, procedural criminal law, or international cooperation in criminal matters. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised PhD with another university
- Contribute to the teaching of classes and small group teachings and tutorials
- Master’s degree in Law, preferably with a specialisation in EU/international/comparative/national criminal or criminal procedure law, or IT law
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English, good understanding of French and possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage
- Fully-funded position with a competitive salary
- Regular personal exchanges with the supervisor and the members of the thesis committee, and a high-quality research environment provided by the Doctoral School of Law
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment
- Personal workspace at the University
- Gender-friendly workplace
Applications should be submitted online, before 15 July 2020 and must include the following:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable
- A research proposal (max of 3,000 words excluding bibliography)
- A transcript of concluded university studies
- The name, current position, and relationship to the applicant, of one referee
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Katalin Ligeti (email@example.com).
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528704
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.