ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversité de Technologie de Troyes
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHComputer science › InformaticsEngineeringMathematics
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST01/09/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTFrance › Troyes
The overall objective is to develop performance evaluation models and, then, optimisation methods for supply chain planning considering energy performance by a detail approach. These models and methods must allow decision makers to manage their energy consumption while maintaining the level of performance on traditional objectives in supply chains (customer satisfaction and logistic and production costs). The research work, focused on supply chain quantitative models, involves detailing new aspects of energy consumption. The project will be focus more specifically on inventory decision and, then, it will be extended to related decisions (transport, resource management, coordination …). The supply chain framework must integrate the whole life cycle of product and, especially, reverse logistics.
Improvement of energy consumption little addressed in literature will be particularly addressed:
• Various dimension of inventory policies (stockout, production rate, pricing for instance),
• Considerations of supply chain resources that contribute to energy consumption (transport, conditioning …) while considering their different operating modes,
• Considerations of the diversity of energy sources,
• Consideration of reverse logistics flows and their relevance from an energy point of view.
The main task of the PhD project are:
1) Literature review and current practice analysis on the subject.
2) Development of performance evaluation models with energy considerations and integration into supply chain planning models (connections with economic performance and customer satisfaction). This task necessitates developing mathematical models and operational research skills are necessary.
3) Implementation of optimisation model based on the proposed mathematical model for supply chain planning. This task necessitates developing optimisation algorithms and computer programming skills are necessary.
4) Presentation of the works in international conferences and top rank journals.
Funding category: Contrat doctoral
Contrat doctoral (statut de salarié)
PHD title: Doctorant en Sciences pour l'Ingénieur, spécialité Optimisation et Sûreté des Systèmes
PHD Country: France
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528597
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 92356
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.