ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversité Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHBiological sciences › OtherNeurosciences
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST22/06/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTBelgium › Brussels
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE38
REFERENCE NUMBERERA PerMED
Technician – Rational antiepileptic drug selection by combining gene network and ICT analysis – Laboratoire de Neurologie Expérimentale – Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for a one-year position as technician in the group of Professor Massimo Pandolfo at Université Libre de Bruxelles. An ERA PerMed, a new ERA-Net Cofund, funds this position.
The first objective is to examine human brain cells, which are generated from skin cells of adult donors. These cells will be treated with four different anti-seizure drugs and the candidate will investigate how specific genes respond to exposure to these drugs. The second step is to look at available genetic data from 1382 patients with epilepsy and examine if changes in these genes correlate with a drug’s ability to stop seizures.
The candidate will be responsible for the differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) into specific neurons and their exposure to antiepileptic drugs
• Conduct research independently under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and collaboratively with local and international collaborators
• Keep up to date with and development of research related methods and techniques
• Assistance with database management, data preparation and transfer of EEG / MRI data
• Complete the administrative work to support the research program
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHES BILDUNGSNIVEAUBiological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Experience in cell culture and biochemical techniques is essential
- Experience with iPSC culture is essential
- The candidate should be capable of both work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good skills in spoken and written English
- High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking are a must
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528580
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.