ANGEBOTSFRIST02/07/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
EU-FORSCHUNGSRAHMENPROGRAMMH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversity of Vienna
ABTEILUNGDepartment of Environmental Geosciences
The laboratory for Environmental Geochemistry of the Department of Environmental Geosciences (EDGE) at the Centre for Microbiology and Environmental Systems Science is offering to host and support the application of talented postdoctoral and early career researchers wishing to advance their career by applying for a Marie Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowship.
We are interested in general research themes (but not limited to)
- Fe-Mn-S Redox biogeochemistry
- Contaminant and nutrient mobility
- Rhizosphere processes
- Ligand exchange mechanisms in (bio)geochemical processes
- DNA-mineral interactions: we are part of the MINERVA (Mineralogical Preservation of the Human Biome for the Depth of Time) research platform in close collaboration with evolutionary anthropology of the University of Vienna.
What are the MSCA Individual Fellowships?
MSCA Individual Fellowships are designed to help researchers to launch successful academic careers. The MSCA fellowship will allow you to gain research experience, develop research independence and maturity, improve your professional skills, increase the visibility of your international profile and expand your network. You will be able to take advantage of the excellent infrastructure and the first-rate intellectual environment of the University of Vienna. You will also live in a dynamic, vibrant and multi-cultural European capital city rated with the highest quality of living worldwide (elected for the 10th year in a row, Mercer, 2019).
Are you interested in applying for IF-MSCA?
We are looking for ambitious, creative, and scientifically curious early career researchers who meet the MSCA-IF eligibility criteria. You must have a strong track record commensurate to your research experience, a clear idea of what you will achieve during your fellowship and a reflexive understanding of your career development needs.
- A well-defined research plan
- Excellent publication record
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Willingness to work in an international team and interdisciplinary research environment
Required Languages: Excellent writing and communication in English
Support for applicants
· Support in writing, timely evaluations and feedback on the proposal
- Supervision from internationally recognized senior researchers
- Immersion in intellectually stimulating, dynamic, interdisciplinary and international working environment
- Access to excellently equipped laboratory facilities including (MC-ICP-MS; ICP-OES/MS; XRD; XRF; spectrophotometer, plater reader, multiple glove boxes for anerobic work, clean room, nano-sims, expertise in X-ray absorption spectroscopy etc.
- Opportunity to expand and build an international collaboration network
- Life in Vienna, ranked among the cities with the highest quality of life worldwide
If interested, please send your brief CV (including list of publications and 2 references) and a short description of your proposed research plan (2-4 pages) to Prof. Stephan Kraemer (email@example.com) and Dr. Naresh Kumar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The responsibility for the hosting offers published on this website, including the hosting description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.