ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGMasaryk University - Faculty of Science
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST30/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTCzech Republic › Brno
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 1st September 2020
Description of Offered Position:
Masaryk University in Brno, the Czech Republic, is offering a two-year postdoctoral fellowship to a recent PhD graduate who has experience and/or is willing to engage in research on neurogenetics and neurochemistry of mental disease.
The successful candidate will undertake research in the laboratories of Professor Omar Sery in the Faculty of Science but may, if required, collaborate with other research laboratories in the Faculty, in the Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences or with the Department of Forensic Medicine.
Current projects focus on the roles of proteins such as CD36, BDNF, glutamate transporters (GLAST, GLT1, EAAT5), choline acetyltransferase (CHAT) and related molecules and genes in the etiopathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease, alcoholism or schizophrenia. Facilities in Prof. Sery’s laboratories include a recently installed state-of-the-art next generation sequencing (NGS) equipment, advanced fluorescence (deconvolution) microscopy, electron microscopy and others. Professor Sery has international collaborations with scientists in France, Austria, Australia, Belgium and Italy, and maintains strong links with biotechnology industry. The studies will be done on either human or animal tissues and may employ whole gene sequencing, transcriptomics, DNA methylation, non-coding RNAs, immunofluorescent and electron microscopic methodologies as well as other techniques.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with an excellent PhD or early postdoctoral publication record and must be prepared to work both independently and in collaboration with other members of the research team.
Masaryk University offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Applicants should submit electronically a written application which must be complete with respect to the following:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for the purposes of defending the thesis and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters from senior researchers familiar with the candidate’s work and performance
The submission deadline is 30th June 2020. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com
NB. – Applicants who do not fulfil the criteria (1), (2) and (3) will not be considered. Incomplete applications shall not be accepted.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates may be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHE SPRACHENENGLISH: Good
The successful candidate must:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of scientific research either full time or not less than 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been a PhD student (or equivalent) at least two years in the last three years abroad
- have a publishing record comprising, within the last three years, at least two refereed research papers listed in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases. Publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews” may be considered if they were refereed and listed in the above databases.
The selection committee may consider additional specific criteria, particularly:
- experience with DNA sequencing and/or fluorescence microscopy
- experience with research projects in neuroscience
- knowledge of DNA and protein chemistry and/or skills to enable in silico experimentation.
- demonstrated ability to work both independently and in collaboration with members of a research team.
NB. – Applicants who do not fulfil the criteria (1), (2) and (3) will not be considered.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528498
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.