ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversité Catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain)
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHMathematics › Statistics
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST15/06/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTBelgium › Louvain-la-Neuve
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE38
The Research Centre for Operations Research and Statistics (ORSTAT) of the KU Leuven, (Leuven, Belgium), and the Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA) of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium) have a vacancy for a PhD Scholarship in Quantile Regression for Censored Data as part of their joint 2020 Global PhD Partnership.
The successful candidate will work under the joint supervision of Prof. Anouar El Ghouch (ISBA, UCLouvain) and Prof. Ingrid Van Keilegom (ORSTAT, KU Leuven).
The objective of this project is to develop and study consistent and computationally efficient procedures to conduct estimation and inference in quantile regression models with complicated censoring mechanisms.
- Master’s degree in (bio)statistics, mathematics or equivalent, obtained with at least ‘distinction’.
- Very strong skills in data analysis and R programming.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Full-time doctoral scholarship for 1 year, renewable till max. 4 years after positive evaluation.
- The PhD student will spend the first two years of his/her PhD at UCLouvain, followed by two years at KU Leuven.
- The opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and pleasant working environment, in a multidisciplinary group of high international reputation.
- Benefit from ISBA’s and ORSTAT’s large international research networks.
- Benefit from learning opportunities at ISBA and ORSTAT: seminars, short courses and workshops.
- The opportunity to be involved (on a small scale) into some teaching activities.
- Joint degree from the two partners (KU Leuven and UCLouvain).
The closing date for application is 15 June 2020 (applications received after this date will be considered as they arrive, until the position is filled). Only duly completed applications will be taken into account.
1 September 2020, or at another date to be agreed by all parties.
- Copies of diplomas
- Letter of motivation
- List of passed courses and grades
- At least one reference letter to be sent by email directly by a referee.
NB : The subject of the e-mail must be ‘2020 Global PhD Partnership’.
- ISBA, UCLouvain: https://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/lidam/isba
- ORSTAT, KU Leuven : https://feb.kuleuven.be/research/decision-sciences-and-information-manag...
Web site for additional job details
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHE SPRACHENENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528491
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.