ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversitat de Barcelona
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST17/06/2020 00:00 - Europe/Athens
STANDORTSpain › Barcelona
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE37.5
EU-FORSCHUNGSRAHMENPROGRAMMH2020 / ERC
The ERC Advanced Grant (MoTive, www.motiverc.org) started at the University of Barcelona in January 2018 for 5 years. The grant was awarded to Dr Mel Slater, Director of the Event Lab (www.event-lab.org). The Event Lab is an internationally known research lab in the field of virtual reality, and also addresses interdisciplinary problems in psychology and neuroscience using virtual reality. Please see publications on http://publicationslist.org/melslater. The project is concerned with the recreation of past events in virtual reality and the investigation of specific issues such as presence, embodiment, agency and perspective taking in the context of such scenarios. There is also an emphasis on computer vision techniques.
The successful candidate will be expected to join the existing team working on various aspects of virtual reality, computer graphics, and associated human factors. The work will involve the development of new techniques for interaction and display, building and programming new scenarios and taking part in experimental studies.
FBG project number
Moments in Time in Immersive Virtual Environments
Event Lab, Clinical Psychology and Psychobiology
Applications should include a motivation letter and CV, and only PDF files will be accepted. Names, position and emails of two referees should be included in the motivation letter.
Send your application to:
“MoTIVE – Research Assistant in VR”
Upon review of the candidate’s written application, a short list of candidates meeting the criteria will be selected for a short-list and called for interview. The interview panel will determine the outcome after interviews have been completed.
The research will be conducted in English and all appointees will have excellent written and spoken English.
It will be advantageous to have a good command of Spanish / Catalan.
Applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, from whom further information is available.
Only PDF files will be reviewed.
Emails must have the subject header “MoTIVE – Research Assistant in VR”or they may not be processed.
The applicant should give the names of 2 referees who can be contacted in case of shortlisting.
Applications should be received by 17th June, 2020.
Priority will be given to people with disabilities (Law 89/2015 of June 2, reserve of quota 2% in favour of people with disabilities in companies of 50 or more people).
Web site for additional job details
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHES BILDUNGSNIVEAUComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
ERFORDERLICHE SPRACHENENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Excellent
- Applicants must have extensive experience of computer programming (for example, C, C#, Objective C), and demonstrated expertise using systems such as Unity 3D and/or UnReal Engine, or equivalent.
- Autonomy and ability to think out of the box.
- Experience with VR devices would be an advantage.
- Capable of writing maintainable and well-structured code.
- Experience with git would be an advantage.
- Experience with Agent Based Models for the intelligent representation of crowd behaviour and crowd animation would be an advantage.
- Experience in the computation of auditory output and prior experience of this in virtual reality would be an advantage.
- Successful applicants will have an excellent command of English, and at least one of Catalan/Spanish.
The appointee should have experience of programming in professional Game Engines (Unity, Unreal...), and carry out the following duties:
- Support for maintaining and extending custom APIs.
- Support for maintaining existing VR applications and creating new ones.
- Taking part in the research of the group, providing programming assistance and helping with experimental studies.
- Organizing and participate in meetings, teleconferences, reviews and other events.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528488
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.