ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGInstitute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
FORSCHUNGSBEREICHPhysics › Biophysics
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST07/06/2020 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTPoland › 02-668 Warsaw
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
REFERENCE NUMBERJob ID: # JOB 15/2020
The student will join the group under the supervision of prof. dr hab. Mai Suan Li and dr Paweł Krupa, working on the NCN funded project “Computational studies of the disulfide-bond role in proteins”. The aim of the PhD project are computational studies of disulfide bonds in proteins using all-atom and coarse-grained force fields. This includes:
* Development and improvements of potentials describing disulfide bonds in proteins.
* Use of the obtained potentials to study biologically important proteins, such as ribonuclease A and lipid transfer proteins.
* Molecular dynamics simulations (conventional, replica exchange, steered)
* Description of the role of disulfide bonds with possible explanation of the diseases caused by some of the studied proteins.
In coarse-grained part, we will collaborate with the developers of coarse-grained UNRES force field – group of prof. Adam Liwo from University of Gdańsk.
Application deadline: 7.6.2020 Later applications will not be considered.
• Scientific CV
• Cover letter
• Scan of MsC diploma or equivalent (or an explanation of when one is expected)
• Academic record (for finalized semesters)
• Recommended: A recommendation letter by an academic, or their contact email.
All materials should be submitted in electronic form by application to the PhD school http://warsaw4phd.eu, choosing the project: "Computational studies of disulfide bonds". (The application system will be active from 25 May 2020).
Results regarding the position will be made available by 10 July 2020.
Main research field: Physics
Sub Research Field: Computational biophysics
Career Stage: Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post-graduate)
Research Profile (details): First Stage Researcher (R1)
Type of Contract: Fixed term (33 months) with possible extension.
Salary: 4250 PLN per month (grant funding, before obligatory employer and employee social security contributions).
More information can be obtained from
Paweł Krupa (e-mail: email@example.com)
Please make contact.
Web site for additional job details
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHES BILDUNGSNIVEAUPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
ERFORDERLICHE SPRACHENENGLISH: Good
Candidates are expected to possess at least basic skills and knowledge of:
- Computational methods in biophysics (especially molecular dynamics simulations)
- Biomacromolecules, especially proteins
- Very good English in writing, reading and speaking
- Ability to write scientific publications in English
- Ability to write simple scripts and computer programs
- To be employed, the candidate must be accepted into the PhD school in which the Institute of Physics participates. Applications for the position are through recruitment to the School, online at http://warsaw4phd.eu .
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528482
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.