ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGInstitute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST07/06/2020 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTPoland › 02-668 Warsaw
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
REFERENCE NUMBERJob ID: #JOB 17/2020
The physics of ultra-cold atomic gases is a rapidly developing field mainly because of extraordinary control over the system parameters that are achieved experimentally. It is also a reason why this many-body quantum system is thought and applied as a very sensitive sensor in quantum metrology or quantum simulators. The unique property of the system is its macroscopic spatial and temporal coherence among atoms.
The project aims at performing a comprehensive theoretical study of the coherence time of ultra-cold atomic gases with dipolar interactions at zero and nonzero temperatures, taking into account also the role of reduced spatial dimensions. The project will be performed in close collaboration with a theoretical group from LKB, ENS, Paris.
Application deadline: 7.06.2020 Later applications will not be considered.
• Scientific CV
• Cover letter
• Scan of MsC diploma or equivalent (or an explanation of when one is expected)
• Academic record (for finalized semesters)
• Recommended: A recommendation letter by an academic, or his/her contact email.
All materials should be submitted in electronic form by application to the PhD school http://warsaw4phd.eu, choosing the project 4.17 "Temporal coherence of dipolar ultra-cold gases". (The application system will be active from 25 May 2020).
Main research field: Physics
Sub Research Field: Ultracold quantum gases
Career Stage: Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post-graduate)
Research Profile (details): First Stage Researcher (R1)
Type of Contract: Fixed term (48 months)
Salary: 5000 PLN per month (grant funding, before obligatory employer and employee social security contributions).
More information can be obtained from
Please make contact.
Web site for additional job details
Anforderungen für das Jobangebot
ERFORDERLICHES BILDUNGSNIVEAUPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
ERFORDERLICHE SPRACHENENGLISH: Good
- interest in physics of ultra-cold atoms
- good knowledge of quantum physics, previous experience with ultra-cold gases or quantum optics will be an advantage
- good numerical skills and willingness to learn new computational techniques
- good spoken and written English
- to be employed, the candidate must be accepted to the PhD school in which the Institute of Physics participates. Applications for the position are through the recruitment to the School, online at http://warsaw4phd.eu .
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 528476
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.