ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGUniversity of Luxembourg
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST15/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTLuxembourg › Luxembourg
STUNDEN PRO WOCHE40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of radio resource management and user scheduling for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Dr. Symeon Chatzinotas.
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Signal Processing and Communications
- Ref: 3952, 3953
- Fixed-term contract 24 months, full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 2
- Employee status
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with governmental, industrial and international partners. SnT is active in several national projects funded by National Research Fund (FNR) and local industries, and international research projects funded by the EU FP7 programme, H2020 programme and the European Space Agency (ESA). For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu
The SigCom research group carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems including satellite communications and radar systems, and is currently expanding its research activities in exploring several emerging use cases of next generation wireless communications systems. For details, you may refer to the following: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
The successful candidates are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Investigating challenging issues / Developing novel techniques/algorithms to address some of the identified critical issues related to one or multiple of the topics listed below:
- Resource allocation and energy efficiency in wireless networks
- Novel paradigms in multi-antenna signal processing
- Physical layer security
- Agile and high-performance SDR systems, fast prototyping
- Satellite communications
- Interference mitigation in heterogeneous networks
- Random access protocols for massive connectivity
- Ultra reliable and low-latency communications
- IoT / M2M
- Probabilistic data structures for big data handling
- Edge computing
- Graph processing on networks
- End-to-end network service orchestration
- Big Data and Self-organization for Mobile Networks
- Elastic Mobile Networks (SDN/NFV)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applied to wireless communications
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
- The candidates are expected to actively contribute to the different research projects, either coordinating technical contribution and/or preparing project deliverables
- Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
- Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
For further information, please contact: Dr. Eva Lagunas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A PhD degree in Telecommunication Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/engineering with a focus on wireless communications
- International experience is desirable
- Sound publication track record in the topics listed above (at least one IEEE Transaction publication is mandatory)
- Strong background in one of the topics listed above
- Experience with a number of optimization tools
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB. Python and C++ are desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience of working with industrial projects or public funded research projects related to resource management is highly desirable
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The University offers an initial two-year employment contract, which may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae, including:
- Contact address
- For each degree received or currently enrolled in, provide the degree, institution name, institution city and country, and date (or expected date) of graduation. Include the title and short summary of your PhD Thesis and supervisor name (and Bachelor / Master Thesis if you did one)
- List of publications (authors, title, journal/conference name and date of publication). Provide a link in case of open access
- Name, affiliation and contact details of three referees
- Cover letter with motivations and topics of particular interest to the candidate (approx. 1 page)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 15September 2020.
Early application is highly encouraged as the applications will be processed upon arrival. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 527663
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.