NAME DER EINRICHTUNGFACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS, UNIVERSITY OF RIJEKA
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS, UNIVERSITY OF RIJEKA herby issues the call for enrollment into the University Postgraduate Studies (Doctoral Program) in Economics and Business or the academic year 2019/2020, leading towards the academic title doktor znanosti (dr.sc./PhD) in Economics
The University Postgraduate Studies (Doctoral Program) in Economics and Business are carried out as full-time or part-time study programs lasting 3 years and awarding a total of 180 ECTS credits upon program completion.
The doctoral program may be enrolled by:
1. A person who has completed a corresponding university graduate study program in economics or business economics;
2. A person who has completed a corresponding four-year pre-Bologna university study program in economics or business economics in accordance with the regulations valid prior to the enforcement of the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (hereinafter: the Act);
3. A person who has not completed a corresponding study program defined under items 1 and 2 of this paragraph may enroll the doctoral program if he/she has completed one of the following study programs in social sciences in the field of economics:
3.1 Scientific master study program in accordance with the regulations valid prior to the enforcement of the Act;
3.2 Postgraduate vocational study program in economics or business economics in accordance with the regulations valid prior to the enforcement of the Act, under the condition that they shall pass the differential exams in the following courses: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics;
3.3 Postgraduate specialist study program in economics or business economics in accordance with the provisions of the Act, under the condition that they shall pass the differential exams in the following courses: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
The applicant needs to have active knowledge of (business) English.
The ranking of applicants is done in line with Article 6 of the Regulations on University Postgraduate Studies (Doctoral Program) in Economics and Business at the Faculty of Economics and Business in Rijeka (hereinafter: the Regulations)
Applicants will be ranked according to the following criteria: GPA achieved during previous studies, doctoral dissertation topic proposal, business English language skills, the existence of a potential supervisor who has agreed to mentor the respective candidate, awards, current research and scientific achievements, references given by the potential supervisor/mentor or university professors acquainted with the academic achievements of the respective applicant and based on the interview with the Committee for Postgraduate Studies and Doctorates (hereinafter. The Committee). The Committee may choose to propose to the Faculty Council to reject an application even though the applicant has met other admission requirements if the Committee establishes that the Faculty cannot ensure a suitable supervisor for the respective field of scientific interest i.e. scientific field in which the applicant wants to pursue his/her research in.
Applications shall be submitted via the on-line application form
The following documents shall be submitted together with the application:
• Filled in Application Form
• A certified copy of the Diploma awarded on completion of undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate studies
• Transcript of grades and calculated GPAs
• Reference(s) given by university professors (obligatory for applicants with a GPA below 3.5, may also be submitted by other applicants)
• Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter
• Proposal of the doctoral dissertation topic in English (Official EFRI form). The applicant may suggest his/her topic of choice or may choose one in accordance with the list of active scientific projects and potential advisors’ scientific interests
• Certificate of English language skills (e.g. transcript of records, TOEFL, ESOL or the like). The Faculty reserves the right to additionally test the applicant’s knowledge of the business English language, if the candidate does not possess appropriate certification. The Faculty also reserves the right to submit the applicant to English language testing.
• List of publications, awards for scientific and professional activities (if available)
• The Mentorship consent (Official EFRI form) signed by the potential supervisor/advisor meeting the eligibility criteria for mentoring doctoral students at the University of Rijeka and the Faculty of Economics and Business in Rijeka as defined under Article 13 of the Regulations . The respective supervisor or advisor does not have to be a member of the Faculty’s teaching staff; he/she may be from other scientific institutions in Croatia or abroad. In the event that the applicant does not possess such consent, the Faculty shall upon enrollment assist the candidate in finding a suitable supervisor/co-supervisor/counselor.
• Decision on the Recognition of foreign higher education qualifications (for applicants who have completed their studies abroad; can be submitted after admission)
• Foreign citizens need to provide certificate of citizenship.
Applications shall be submitted either by post (registered mail) or personally to the Faculty's address:
Ekonomski Fakultet Sveučilišta u Rijeci
Ivana Filipovića 4
'Natječaj za upis na Poslijediplomski doktorski studij'
Application deadline: January 15, 2020
The tuition fee amounts to HRK 75,000.00 and may be paid in installments.
In the event that the number of applicants meeting enrollment criteria is rather low, the Faculty reserves the right not to go on with the Program in 2019-2020.
All additional information on the Doctoral program as well as application forms may be found on the Faculty’s official website or at the Student Registry for Postgraduate Studies.
Student Registry for Postgraduate Studies
What is funded
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.