ORGANISATION/EINRICHTUNGHelmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health - HMGU - Helmholtz Association
KARRIERESTUFEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
BEWERBUNGSFRIST06/04/2018 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
STANDORTGermany › Neuherberg near Munich
The Helmholtz Zentrum München in Munich, Germany, is member of one of the leading research associations in Europe – the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. The aim of our research is to proactively detect health risks involving humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy.
Obesity and diabetes have become epidemic over the last 20 years. Although lots of knowledge has been collected regarding the pathogenesis of these diseases, the intracellular regulatory mechanisms are still not resolved. The junior group of Anja Zeigerer, located at the Institute for Diabetes and Cancer, investigates the connection between intracellular membrane trafficking and metabolism.
The lab is seeking, starting April 2018, a highly motivated
*Postdoctoral candidate (m/f)*
* Planning and realization of experimental studies in the area of cell biology, in particular endocytosis, exocytosis and metabolism
* Primary cell culture of murine and human hepatocytes and analysis of tissues from different mouse models to investigate diabetes pathogenesis and potential intervention strategies
* Cell biological, biochemical and immunofluorescence analysis of cell and tissue samples
* "Omics" data analysis, graphical documentation and evaluation for conferences, scientific publications and reports
* PhD or equivalent level of professional qualification in cell biology or biochemistry
* Theoretical and methodical existing laboratory experience in intracellular membrane trafficking, hepatocellular metabolism and diabetes
* Know-how in biochemistry, primary cell culture, imaging and mouse work
* Experience with complex methods in molecular biology and biochemistry
* High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking are a must
* A strong academic record, international experience and proficiency in written and spoken English are required
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application (including a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of your certificates as well as at least two letters of recommendation).
Dr. Anja Zeigerer
Phone: +49 89 3187-1049
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute for Diabetes and Cancer
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich
Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
EURAXESS Angebots-ID: 279321
Angebots-ID der veröffentlichenden Einrichtung: 636331