NAME DER EINRICHTUNGFundación Biomédica Galicia Sur
TYP DER FÖRDERUNGFunding
KARRIERESTUFERecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
We are looking for candidates to apply for a Sara Borrell post-doctoral contract granted by the Spanish National Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII, AES 2018), to join the Gastrointestinal Oncology Research Group from the Galicia Sur Health Research Institute (IISGS). The Gastrointestinal Oncology group develops its activity in the Hospital placed in the city of Ourense (Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Ourense) and has broad experience in clinical research (prevention, diagnosis and treatment).
What is funded
- Annual gross salary of 26.866 €, funded by the ISCIII (the IISGS will fund social security costs).
- Research lab in Ourense in process of being equipped, with access to samples and patients.
- Possibility of collaborating with other IISGS basic research groups.
Employment contract for 3 years.
- Holding a PhD Degree (date of doctoral thesis presentation and approval later than January 1, 2014).
- Not having a Sara Borrell Contract at the time of request, nor having previously completed a Sara Borrell Program.
- Research experience in the field of gastrointestinal oncology (especially, CRC biomarkers).
- Leadership capacity and initiative to develop his/her own basic research lines, in collaboration with the hosting group.