- Research Field
- Natural sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
- Funding Type
- Career Stage
- Leading Researcher (R4) (Researchers leading their research area or field)
- European Research Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
By donating this prize we support a future scientific research project from early stage to successful conclusion. The prize addresses well-established researchers at the height of their active career, whose science has had or will have crucial impact on digestive health.
What is funded
UEG awards € 100,000 each year for excellence in basic science, translational or clinical research.
- Active, well-established senior researchers at the height of their active career, whose science has had or will have crucial impact on digestive health.
- Applicants should be leading a substantial research group and their work should be conducted predominantly in Europe.
- The work should have been supported by substantial peer reviewed grants through internationally recognised research councils, research charities or industrial partners.
- Recipients must have been mentioned at least once as (co-)author of an abstract submitted to UEG Week in the past 3 years (2017, 2018 and/or 2019).
- There must be at least 5 years between the receipt of the prize and the planned retirement of the awardee.
- Applications from departments that received a grant in the previous 5 years (2015-2019) will not be accepted.
- The prize will be awarded to the same recipient only once.
- Organisation name
- United European Gastroenterology
- Organisation Country
- More Information
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.